- Review and prepare the painting systems and plan the overall painting budget for the project.
- Control of the paint as per the paint schedule at fabrication yard and advice the site manager accordingly.
- Carry out daily monitoring of conditions and coating activities at site in order to achieve required quality and planned schedule.
- To conduct inspections at Manufacturers/Vendors Premises with respect to approved ITP, P.O, Project Specifications and International Standards.
- To review the Blasting and Painting inspection reports and signing off the documents found within acceptable ranges of relevant codes and standards.
- Review and Approves Painting related documents submitted by the suppliers/sub-contractors and sub-suppliers.
- Ensure the equipment’s are protected adequately prior to blasting and painting activities
- Supervise all touch up work and ensure compliance with Project painting procedure
- Ensure all sub-contractor blasters and painters and well trained and review training records
- Maintains a good quality standard by approving incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products and recording quality results.
- Approve finishing products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
Relevant higher Technical or administrative education.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the field of Offshore coatings and other coating system with related to oil & gas industry
- Previous experience as a supervisor or inspector of coating activities in fabrication yards
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel overseas.
- Familiar with International Codes like SSPC/NACE/NORSEK/ISO etc.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Preferably a NACE/BGAS/FROSIO LEVEL-II or III.