Acts as a focal point/technical authority for mechanical/piping engineering and design related questions thought-out all phases of engineering design and construction, commissioning and operation for modifications to existing plant and facilities including new projects.
2. Provide mechanical/piping engineering input to other disciplines to assure that design outputs are consistent.
3. Act as Company Authority for the review of Design Basis, design drawings, specifications, etc.
5. Assume responsibility for the quality of the mechanical/piping design and control any studies that are produced by the Contractor(s) together with deliverables.
6. Participate in technical evaluation of suppliers and equipment purchases.
7. Check that design is developed in the line with the Pre-Engineering and the Statement of Requirements.
8. Co-ordinate mechanical/piping engineering assistance from Company or from external Specialists as necessary.
9. Communicate with Company Organization for key reviews on HSE, in technological, in operation and project requirements related matters.
10. Assist construction and commissioning teams with field questions encountered during installation, construction and commissioning phases.
11. To initiate and coordinate tasks needed for project execution including permitting or government reviews, material specification, installation procedures, testing, etc.
12. To participate in HAZOP’s and other key design reviews as necessary.
13. Maintain up to date facilities mechanical/piping installation database.
14. To be able to direct the Piping designer in preparation of piping isometrics, piping bill of materials and piping layouts plus review of same.
This position is an integral part of the Engineering team reporting to the Deputy Facilities Engineering Manager. The Team is responsible for the safe, efficient and economic execution of numerous change management and project activities for offshore oil facilities
Mechanical / Piping Engineer with around 3 to 15 years’ experience