Location: Nigeria, Lagos
Timeline: Full time during a period of 6 months
• Technical leadership and oversight of process engineering work being performed on assigned projects, including review of engineering deliverables for FEED, and detailed design phases.
• Coordinate process engineering work between Client and Engineering Contractor.
• Process heat & material balance (HMB) design and review of project HMB deliverables.
• Review of BFDs, PFDs, UFDs, and P&IDs.
• Maintain master copies of all process documents and enforce management of change (MOC) during process document revisions.
• Review process design criteria and basis of design documents and contribute to the project
• design basis.
• Review and actively contribute piping line sizing and hydraulic calculations.
• Review and actively contribute pump NPSH, flashing, and cavitation analysis/calculations.
• Review and actively contribute flare load capacity requirements.
• Review and actively contribute to emergency depressurization calculation and studies.
• Review and actively contribute to emergency shutdown (ESD) hierarchy drawings.
• Develop, review, and actively contribute to Material Selection Diagrams (MSDs) based on project requirements.
• Develop, review, and actively contribute to process specifications and process philosophies.
• Review and actively contribute to calculations for utilities, instrument air, nitrogen, sea water, fore water, etc.
• Review and actively contribute to sizing calculations for control valves, pressure relief valves, flow restrictions, flow elements, etc.
• Review and actively contribute to process descriptions and process control narratives including complex loops.
• Review and actively contribute to process cause & effect diagrams.
• Review and actively contribute to process operations manuals.
• Review and actively contribute to process alarm and trips setpoint summaries
• Coordinate and schedule process engineering activities on assigned project.
• Review and approve process deliverables.
• Develop, review, and participate in the bidding of equipment procurement activities, engineering services and technical contracts.
• Track performance and compliance of assigned work as per project requirements.
• Review and actively contribute to process design standards/philosophies.
• Participate and actively contribute to scheduled design reviews; HAZID, P&ID, HAZOP, PHA, SIL, PSSRs, etc.
• Demonstrate ability to interface and collaborate across multiple disciplines.
• Support the technical review and closeout of critical MOC activities for assigned projects
• Bachelor’s in Chemical Engineering
• Skills preferred: Simulations, PFDs, HMBs, Loadsheets, equipment sizing, optimization studies,
• P&IDs, hydraulics, controls, and PRVs
• Experience in LNG and other gas plant project & 10 years exp for a Boil off Gas compressor
• Knowledge and working experience of Shell DEP standards & relevant international standards is mandatory.