Job Type: Permanent
As project engineer in renewable energy, you are involved in wind or solar PV or other renewables, covering engineering studies, owner’s engineering, and/or engineering-procurement-construction management assignments. Your projects are mainly located in Indonesia and can be in regional (Malaysia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and Philippines) with short term missions possible.
Your main responsibilities are:
- To participate in the evaluation of the most appropriate technical solutions and to economically optimize the projects;
- To support the development and procurement of the projects;
- To bring a direct support to the project manager for successful coordination of project;
- Under the guidance of the project manager, to be able to monitor the planning, the budget, the safety aspects and the technical quality of the project;
- To coordinate and review the engineering disciplines’ design reviews and the cooperation with involved Engineering units from abroad;
- To ensure the follow up of the project by conducting site visits and inspections during preliminary phase, construction and commissioning, having a regular contact with the clients and/or contractors, complying with the quality and ethics standards of our client;
- To think wide and with initiative to detect potential risks for the projects and propose mitigation measures;
- To take part in the development of the team (expertise, innovation).
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering;
- Fluent proficiency in English is a must, both verbal and written;
- Fluent in Bahasa as most of the clients and contractors will be Indonesian in Indonesia
- Preferably minimum 3 years of professional experience with an academic background in wind or solar power projects;
- Experience in using PVSyst, WAsP, WindPro or GIS software;
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, AutoCAD & multiple engineering design, and document control software);
- You are flexible, good at planning concurrent assignments, and a good organiser, even in unexpected circumstances;
- Strong analytical skills and have an eye for the detail;
- Ability to work autonomously and be proactive;
- Dynamic and have excellent interpersonal skills, willing to learn and good team player;
- Strong communication skill is a must – communicates regularly with customers, subcontractors and vendors on technical topics;
- Main location will be Tractebel office in Jakarta;
- Willing to travel for short term missions for project or training purposes;
- Employment status: Contract based.
- Business development and project management skills are mandatory for this vacancy.
The position is based in Jakarta selatan