Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
- Collection and analysis of the project technical specifications issued by the Oil /Gas Company and International Standards Bodies etc. (EN, ISO).
- Liaising continuously with major material/equipment suppliers regarding the latest developments in technologies.
- Definition of the anticorrosion strategy using CP/ COATING / PAINTING / CHEMICAL TREATMENT/ CRA (corrosion resistant alloy) in order to optimize quality and costs.
- Issuing of engineering corrosion philosophy document including pipeline and Topside equipment review. Interface with Equipment / Electrical/ Instrumental engineering disciplines
- Transfer of the corrosion strategy to the discipline responsible of CP / Painting and Coating design.
- Design of the chemical treatment and CRA.
- Corrosion failure analysis upon Project/ Assets request.
- Interfacing with Installation Engineering Functions to solve the anti-corrosion problems of different projects.
- Responsible for technical oversight and review of pipeline design work for cathodic protection impacts
- Develops design of pipeline corrosion control and cathodic protection systems
- Reviews detailed designs for corrosion prevention systems, cost estimates and bid documents
- Assists in the evaluation of bids and the selection of contractors
- Degree / Diploma in Engineering field or equivalent
- Exposure to both onshore and offshore operations and/or project experience will be of an advantage
- At least 10 years of Professional Experience
- Ability to articulate in Bahasa Melayu and English