- Develop or alter standard project specifications to meet project specific design criteria.
- Defining and recommending design methods, specifications and performance of functional requirements.
- Establish project standards and assist in the development of the project design criteria.
- Support the equipment evaluation and procurement activities during project execution.
- Monitor and guide design/drafting tasks and oversee the internal checking required on all project drawings.
- Supervise and/or prepares proposals, contract design drawings and calculations, contract information (CI) sheets, BEDD sheets, specifications and other engineering documentation using standards and/or new methods as required
- Coordinate and interface with equipment suppliers
- Responsible to seal all drawings that have been prepared under their direction as required in jurisdiction where professional designation is recognized.
- Review and approve vendor/fabricator shop drawings.
- Assure that all work on assigned projects is timely, accurate and high quality
- Organize, plans, and coordinate own work as well as the resources assigned on a specific project
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- High initiative and outstanding sense of urgency, compatible with a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of mechanical design techniques and proficiency on use of a design/drawing software.
- Maximum 10 years of experience in the following industry
- Able to articulate in Bahasa Melayu and English.