Job Type: Permanent
Location: Singapore, Tuas
ABI Resources & Services is an engineering company dedicated to the Energy sector. In order to support its rapid growth in Asia, ABI is looking to welcome a Technical Safety Engineer (Topside Engineering).
The Safety Engineer shall mostly be responsible of the management and provision of a cost-effective safety Engineering Design expertise. The successful candidate must also support project team during tenders and conceptual, FEED and Detailed Engineering phases.
- Design of fire and safety systems for the offshore oil and gas modules and platforms
- Prepare and review engineering design documents, reports and specification for the fire and safety systems namely design philosophies, equipment specifications and data sheets, safety equipment list, material requisitions, equipment technical bid evaluations, firewater hydraulic and safety related calculations.
- Review PDMS modeling for inter-discipline crash checking, technical safety and working environment compliance including accessibility to equipment for maintenance
- Review inter-discipline design documents, design drawings and vendor data
- Coordinate and participate in risk analysis, safety specialist studies, workshops and reporting
- Assist construction to startup pre-commissioning fire and safety systems
- Assist proposal in project tendering with respect to the fire and safety systems
- Assist construction in attending site installation and pre-commissioning of fire and safety equipment and systems
- Conduct site verification where requires for technical safety and working environment compliance
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or any other relevant disciplines
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in design fire and safety systems for oil and gas modules and platforms
- Knowledge in fire codes such as NFPA, SOLAS, API, ASME/ANSI, Autocad, PDMS and Pipenet
- Positive working attitude
- Fast leaner
- Good team player and able to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
- Willing to work overtime
- Experience in Oil and Gas project (fixed and FPSOs) with experience as Lead Safety Engineer or Safety Engineer
- Has good knowledge in Oil and Gas process facilities, safety codes and standards – MODU, SOLAS, Lloyds Register
- Participate to process Hazards review including HAZOP, HAZID, SIL
- Review third party safety studies including FERA, dispersion analysis, EERA, ESSA, QRA studies etc…..
- Shall be capable to review and provide relevant input to safety critical elements performance standards, RAM, fire and gas detection